NOTE: I am an affiliate of Sandals Resorts. Meaning, I would get a commission if you plan to book via the below links. Be sure, you don’t spend a dime more if you go thru my website V/S directly going on Sandals.
Moreover, I have gathered the below details after hours of research. The recommendations below are unbiased (these are resorts, rooms, experiences I would buy, thus I recommend).
Sandals Resorts is a luxury 5-star all-inclusive, couples-only chain of resorts in the Caribbean Islands. It is a fantastic choice for a relaxing and laid-back honeymoon, and of course, one that is loaded with luxury.
With 16 resorts spread across the 6 Caribbean Islands i.e. Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Grenada, Jamaica and St Lucia, you get a lot of choices!
If you are looking for a relaxing honeymoon in the Caribbean, look no further than Sandals!
NOTE: At the bottom, you will see a step-by-step guide to book your Sandals honeymoon.
Why do we recommend it?
- Whether it’s the accommodation, the restaurants, the bars or the activities, every aspect of the stay speaks of luxury.
- Room types range from luxury deluxe to swim-up suites, to sky-pool suites to over-the-water-villas and more.
- Rooms and suites have premium interiors and furnishings, in-room bars, king-sized bed with Egyptian linens, private patios, pillow menu and more. E.g. the over-the-water-villas have a glass floor, where you can enjoy the view of the crystal clear water and marine life.
- Spa-style bathrooms with amenities like large walk-in showers, double-vanities, tranquility soaking tubs to name a few.
- Butler service to take care of your every whim and fancy.
- Club Sandals concierge for club level rooms.
- All-inclusive, unlimited restaurants – Each resort has up to 16 restaurants offering 21 different cuisines. For example, the Sandals Grande St Lucian resort has 12 restaurants. And as a part of the Stay at 1 play at 3 program, you get access to an additional 15 restaurants, making it a total of 27 restaurants. Let’s say you have a 7-day trip, you will never repeat a restaurant! Unlimited food! A lot of choices! You even get All-Day-Dining at select resorts. There are many options for customization of your food. So if you are vegan or allergic to certain food, you can mention your preferences once you have booked your stay (just call them up or chat with the Sandals representative).
- All-inclusive, unlimited bars – Each resort has up to 11 bars. For example, Sandals Regency La Toc at St Lucia offers 8 bars on property. But as a part of the Stay at 1 play at 3 program, you get access to 21 bars.
- Some of the cocktails include Run Runners, Mojitos, Margaritas and Blue Lagoons. Spirits like Jonnie Walker, Jack Daniels, Finlandia, Robert Mondavi wines, Jamaican rum are available unlimited.
- The restaurants and bars have unique settings from the elite formal to barefoot-by-the-sea and swim-up bars.
- All-inclusive land and water sports like beach volleyball, golf and non-motorized sports like snorkeling, whirlpools, hydro-bikes and even scuba are included.
- All-inclusive daily themed nightly entertainment shows.
- All tips, taxes, and transfers from the airport are included.
- And the most important, all Sandals Resorts are couples-only (not even singles are allowed). For singles and families, they have a different chain of resorts called ‘Beaches‘ and ‘Grand Pineapple Resorts Negril Jamaica‘.
- The worlds-only 5-star luxury included resorts
- Stay at 1 play at many programs – This unique program allows you to explore restaurants and bars from neighboring connected resorts. You enjoy many for the price of one! That’s not all, Sandals also has a massive Stay at 1, Play at all program, where you stay at 1 but hop on all the 6 islands and this includes airfare as well!
- Tranquility blissful beds – All of these beds have a helical spring system and unique coil construction for motion absorption and unparalleled spine support.
- Tranquility soaking tubs – These are designed for two and available in the private balconies or in the spa-style bathrooms.
- Innovative accommodations – These range from swim-up suites to 2 storey suites, to suites with private pool, to over-the-water villas, to sky-pool suites and more.
- Love-nest suites – Designed to be secluded accommodations for that ultimate romantic experience.
- Over-the-water-bungalows and villas, first in the Caribbean.
Who should choose Sandals Resorts?
Couples looking for an amazing luxury all-inclusive couples-only resort in the Caribbean. IT’S YOU! That’s the reason you are seeing this page, aren’t you?
Wow, but all all-inclusive resort sounds pretty expensive. How much does it cost?
Accommodation at Sandals Resorts starts from approx $260 per person per night (as of June 2018). But in general, the prices stay at the same range, don’t worry :).
If you look at overall costs, especially your honeymoon, Sandals all-inclusive would be better value for your money. At the same time, you would enjoy more for the same amount of money (all-inclusive, unlimited).
Here is a simple comparison between a luxury 5-star resort and an all-inclusive luxury 5-star resort.
The luxury all-inclusive package for 7 days costs only $4200, whereas the regular one costs $6870.
Which means the all-inclusive package is 38% cheaper than the regular one.
What is the common ground for comparison?
- We are looking at a 7-day package.
- These are Caribbean beach resorts and we are looking at Sandals Jamaica Royal Caribbean as an example of an all-inclusive package.
- Club level rooms are used for comparison.
Which Sandals Resort is the best?
All Sandals Resorts are great and you would enjoy top-notch service and facilities at all.
We recommend the resorts in St. Lucia and Jamaica the most, as they have unique ‘Stay in 1 and Play in 3 programs’ in these 2 islands. That mean’s you pay the price of 1, stay in 1 but use all the facilities of the other 2 and you get free transfers between resorts.
In Jamaica, you can stay at any 1 but you can enjoy the facilities of all 3 resorts. See this chart.
In St. Lucia as well, you could stay at any 1 of the resorts and enjoy facilities of all the 3 resorts.
I have heard a lot about over-the-water-bungalows? Where are these located?
Sandals Resorts has introduced over-the-water-bungalows concept to the Caribbeans.
These bungalows feature groundbreaking designs that are a smart combination of modern luxury and exotic palapa structures. These bungalows deliver an immersive experience of the Caribbean’s finest turquoise waters.
An expansive patio features Sandals signature Tranquility Soaking Tub™ for two, an over-the-water hammock, outdoor shower and a suspended patio with a swim-up platform, while the interior boasts see-through glass floors that guarantee undersea views, a king-size bed, and a spacious, spa-style bathroom.
If that’s not all, you even have your own butler!
These are available to be booked at Sandals South Coast (Jamaica), Sandals Royal Caribbean (Jamaica) and Sandals Grande (St Lucia).
Click any of these buttons to take you there.
I am on a budget. Which room is the best bang for the buck?
If you need room service (who doesn’t need room service??), the club level rooms are the best bang for the buck. Room service is available (from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM), but still, it is good enough.
Room service is only available for club level rooms and above.
If you don’t care about room service, then go for the lowest category rooms are called ‘Luxury level’. Outside your room, you get to enjoy everything in the all-inclusive package.
Which are the best months to visit the Caribbean islands?
The best months are as below (weather wise). You can also refer to the airport names for planning.
But you may also want to try off-season for lower rates. Enquire and research about the hurricane and weather warnings (as the Caribbean is used to hurricanes during this off-season).
What are honeymooners saying about Sandals?
NOTE – All of these screenshots were taken in June 2018.
Look at the following testimonials taken from the Sandals website.
Now let’s look at what people have rated directly on Google. The average rating is close to 4.5 out of 5 and there are 400+ reviews.
These are the reviews from Tripadvisor. The average ratings are above 4 out of 5 and there are 7000+ reviews.
Just look at this interesting and detailed review on Tripadvisor. It is close to 1 full page, but we have included only a snippet. The couple talks about Sandals South Coast (Jamaica) and how incredible their honeymoon experience was.
Abundant restaurants and bars added a lot of flavor to their honeymoon. They mention that the quality of food was ‘Out of the world’ and even rated this resort as the best all-inclusive resort they have ever been to!
What are some of the critical (bad) reviews from honeymooners?
Check out these top critical reviews as well. It’s your honeymoon after all. Please take a very well balanced decision!
Here is a link from a website called consumeraffairs.com
Here is a link from Tripadvisor.
We couldn’t find a common trend in these reviews.
There will always be critical reviews for everything in this world.
To safeguard your honeymoon, checkout which of the reasons are you most concerned about.
See what people are repeatedly complaining about. It might be about a service, a particular resort, the ambience, food etc.
Even if you have the slightest of a doubt, just drop the idea and look somewhere else.
How reliable is the brand Sandals?
Sandals didn’t invent the all-inclusive concept, but they have perfected it. For over three decades, Sandals has earned every resort award and accolade in the industry, placing Sandals leagues above any other all-inclusive resort. However, Sandals is not only the world’s best in the eyes of the travel industry, but the favorite destination for a Luxury Included® Vacation in the hearts of couples around the world.
Sandals keeps on receiving great coverage and reviews from the press and numerous media outlets.
Okay, I am excited. How do I book my honeymoon at Sandals?
Follow this step by step guide.
1. Go to Sandals Resorts homepage by clicking this button.
2. Once there, hover the mouse over the hamburger icon and select the resort. For example in the screenshot, we select ‘Sandals Grande St. Lucian’.
3. Once you are on the resort site, have a look at all the features, amenities and inclusions.
4. When you have reviewed everything, click on the ‘Rooms’ option.
5. When you are on the ‘Rooms’ page, click ‘View all’ to get a fair idea of all room categories in a single page.
For a particular room click ‘Room details’ to see pictures and understand more about the room.
6. After you like a room, select your Check-in and Check-out dates and click ‘Rates & Availability’.
7. On the next page, you see other options to include round-trip flights etc. Do not choose those, as you cannot be sure if you would get the cheapest options (check another travel site for flights instead).
Click on ‘Continue to select your room’.
8. The next page gives you the availability of all room categories including the one you selected.
This is a good option, as you don’t need to come back and select another category if your chosen one is not available.
You also get an option to change your preferences and dates and ask for a requote. Once you select a room, you get to see full details.
9. You may get a limited time option to hold the room for $49 per person. If you don’t want to pay all the money upfront, choose this option. See the details of this offer on the same page.
10. Once you click continue, go ahead and enter guest details and proceed ahead to book the room.
Payments are fully secure and with a variety of payment options.
The Sandals website has a detailed FAQ for all other queries that you may have. Visit this page.
Sandals is really a great option and a well-known brand in the luxury all-inclusive hotel segment. Book today!